Innovation without compromising legacy.
The Alsta Nautoscaph IV - Great White
The Nautoscaph IV features a unidirectional bezel, removing the risk of it being accidentally turned while underwater, which could result in a fatal miscalculation of dive time. It is manufactured and tested to withstand the pressure of depths of 999ft (300m or 29atm). The original Nautoscaph had 999ft on its dial, a touch we loved and therefore kept. For the Nautoscaph IV, we have introduced our ‘Valencia’ beads-of-rice bracelet to complement the piece.
Every component of Alsta timepieces is manufactured in Switzerland, and it is powered by a Seiko NH35A. The watches are assembled, tested and quality-passed in Switzerland. Affordable quality engineering, manufacturing and design will always be a hallmark of Alsta watches.
Like all of our Nautoscaph releases, we make all possible technical, safety and performance improvements while retaining as much of the original designs as possible. Our beautifully styled Alsta timepieces ooze the same romance and charm of the originals. The main differences are modern-day materials and technology. Like the originals, they are powered by quality automatic movements.
This Alsta Nautoscaph IV is available from our partners:
Case 316L Marine grade brushed stainless steel with polished edges
Dimensions 40mm diameter case, 51.3mm lug to lug, 20mm lug size, 16.2mm thickness including crystal, 43.4mm width including crown, 217.8mm total length including opened-out bracele
Crown Screw down, polished stainless steel
Dial Matte black with applied C3 Super-LumiNova
Hands Tapered sword with C3 Super-LumiNova. Orange seconds hand with C3 Super-LumiNova insert
Movement Automatic Seiko NH35A, 24 jewels
Functions Hours, minutes, seconds, date
Caseback Stainless steel, engraved
Glass Sapphire crystal
Water resistance 999ft/300m
Bracelet Alsta “Valencia” bracelet with safety deployant clasp. 20mm at end tapering to 17.7mm
Bracelet Strap bars Spring-loaded stainless steel
We thoroughly test all Alsta watches for water resistance, shock resistance, temperature resistance and magnetic force resistance before release. All Alsta watches enjoy an international 24 month warranty. Please note however that certain restrictions apply as below.
In the event you have to return your watch, we will inspect it and will normally either repair or replace the watch.
It is vital that all repair and warranty work during the 24 months warranty period is carried out by us or by one of our authorised repairers. If the customer or an unauthorised repairer opens the watch, this invalidates the warranty and a chargeable repair will result.
- Movement failure
- Manufacturing defects
- The watch losing or gaining time outside of the normal range
- Water ingress as long as the watch has been used within its water resistance rating
Warranty Does Not Cover:
- The bracelet or strap
- Water ingress due to thermal shock e.g. use in a shower or bath
- Bezel becoming scratched, loose or lost
- Damage due to misuse
- Accidental damage
- Loss of the watch pins which hold the bracelet or strap in place
- Scratching, chipping or breaking of the crystal (replacement crystals are available for purchase and fitting on our Shop page)
- The crown becoming broken, loose or lost
- The case-back becoming scratched, broken, damaged, loose or lost
- Damage or faults caused by an attempted repair by an unauthorised repairer or person
- Water ingress due to the customer leaving the crown unscrewed.