When avid motorcyclist, veteran watch journalist, and Beyond The Dial Co-Founder, Allen Farmelo, began pairing watches with his motorcycles and posting images on Instagram, Alsta’s CEO Angus MacFadyen reached out. A week later, the Motoscaphe was in the works. Farmelo says that he has had “about 30 years to dream up this watch, because I’ve literally been thinking about the perfect motorcycle watch for about that long.”
Motorcycle watches have almost always been cheap, flimsy things with a brand logo thoughtlessly slapped on the dial. The Alsta Motoscaphe carries no specific motorcycle branding, is built to the highest mechanical standards, and will reliably serve its owner and their heirs for generations to come.
Also setting the Alsta Motoscaphe apart is a unique feature set aimed at motorcyclists of all kinds, including a left-handed crown to eliminate digging into a bent wrist, a useful 12-hour GMT rotating bezel, ultra-clear legibility with anti-reflective coating, and an aesthetic that’s equally at home on a Harley bagger, a Ducati Panigale, a bobbed cafe racer, or a muddy adventure bike like the BMW GS.
Case – 40mm 316L stainless steel with circular brushing
Caseback – engraved with Beyond The Dial’s Ethos and victory wreath
Movement – Seiko NH35 (mechanical, no date, auto-winding)
Dial – custom designed markers, no date aperture, blue Super-LumiNova
Bezel – custom-tuned bi-directional ratchet, 12-hour timing scale on aluminium insert. Allows riders to track elapsed hours, minutes (just multiply by 5), and/or a second time zone when traveling.
Crystal – domed sapphire with anti-reflective coating (inside only, so it will never scratch)
Strap – thick black perforated leather rally strap for maximum airflow
We thoroughly test all Alsta watches for water resistance, shock resistance, temperature resistance and magnetic force resistance before release. All Alsta watches enjoy an international 24 month warranty. Please note however that certain restrictions apply as below.
In the event you have to return your watch, we will inspect it and will normally either repair or replace the watch.
It is vital that all repair and warranty work during the 24 months warranty period is carried out by us or by one of our authorised repairers. If the customer or an unauthorised repairer opens the watch, this invalidates the warranty and a chargeable repair will result.
- Movement failure
- Manufacturing defects
- The watch losing or gaining time outside of the normal range
- Water ingress as long as the watch has been used within its water resistance rating
Warranty Does Not Cover:
- The bracelet or strap
- Water ingress due to thermal shock e.g. use in a shower or bath
- Bezel becoming scratched, loose or lost
- Damage due to misuse
- Accidental damage
- Loss of the watch pins which hold the bracelet or strap in place
- Scratching, chipping or breaking of the crystal (replacement crystals are available for purchase and fitting on our Shop page)
- The crown becoming broken, loose or lost
- The case-back becoming scratched, broken, damaged, loose or lost
- Damage or faults caused by an attempted repair by an unauthorised repairer or person
- Water ingress due to the customer leaving the crown unscrewed.